Hep C can be cured!
Issue: Vol 17 No 1, January 2017 – March 2017
Related to Hepatitis C Illicit drug use New South Wales
Hep C can be cured! (2016)
Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW (AHMRC)
This resource aims to raise awareness of hepatitis C.
The Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council have produced a suite of free resources to promote the message that there are new treatments that can cure hepatitis C (hep C) and that the new treatments are affordable to anyone who has a Medicare Card and living in Australia.
One of the most common ways people contract hep C is through sharing drug injecting equipment. These resources encourage anyone who thinks they might have contracted hep C to see their health provider and get tested.
The resources include:
- digital toolkit – social media strategies, press releases and images that can be used to promote new treatments for hep C
- postcards – 9 postcards
- Think you might have hep C?
- Are you living with hep C
- Have you ever injected drugs?
- stories – 3 stories which illustrate how the new treatment for hep C has helped individuals.
Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet abstract
- Further information:
- Contact details:
- Level 3, 66 Wentworth Ave, Surry Hills NSW 2010, PO Box 1565, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012, Ph: (02) 9212 4777, Fax: (02) 9212 7211