From xx to December 2020 the HealthBulletin was an online peer reviewed Journal. In December 2020 the HealthInfoNet moved this to the…… [insert info here]
Vol 13 No 1, January 2013 – March 2013
- Legal recognition of Indigenous statusFebruary 13, 2013 Posted in: Current topics | Policies | Vol 13 No 1, January 2013 – March 2013 |
The House of Representatives has passed legislation recognising Indigenous Australian peoples as the first inhabitants of Australia.
- New Trans-Tasman funding in search for rheumatic heart disease vaccineMarch 18, 2013 Posted in: Cardiovascular health | Current topics | Vol 13 No 1, January 2013 – March 2013 |
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has agreed with New Zealand Prime Minister, John Key, to provide support for the development of a potential vaccine for rheumatic fever.
- $100 million boost for Aboriginal youth in NTMarch 18, 2013 Posted in: Current topics | Substance use | Vol 13 No 1, January 2013 – March 2013 |
The Australian Government is investing $100 million over the next 10 years in the Youth in communities program, a major initiative that is helping thousands of young Aboriginal people become more engaged with school, work and community life in the Northern Territory.
- The Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet pledges commitment to close the gapMarch 21, 2013 Posted in: Closing the gap | Current topics | Vol 13 No 1, January 2013 – March 2013 |
The Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet celebrated the seventh annual National Close the Gap Day with a morning tea.
- Indigenous cancer centre of excellence unveiledApril 2, 2013 Posted in: Cancer | Current topics | Vol 13 No 1, January 2013 – March 2013 |
The launch of Australia’s first Indigenous cancer research centre is set to improve the diagnosis, treatment and survival rates for Indigenous Australians with cancer.