From xx to December 2020 the HealthBulletin was an online peer reviewed Journal. In December 2020 the HealthInfoNet moved this to the…… [insert info here]
Vol 8 No 3, July 2008 - September 2008
- Launch of publication: Indigenous identity in contemporary psychology: dilemmas, developments, directionsJuly 2, 2008 Posted in: Cultural ways | Current topics | Social and emotional wellbeing | Social issues | Vol 8 No 3, July 2008 - September 2008 |
An important new publication – ‘Indigenous identity in contemporary psychology: dilemmas, developments, directions’ – was launched at the Centre for Aboriginal Studies of Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia on 30 April.
- Northern Territory Emergency Response: one year onJuly 3, 2008 Posted in: Child protection | Current topics | Northern Territory | Vol 8 No 3, July 2008 - September 2008 |
The Howard Australian Government announced the Northern Territory Emergency Response (NTER) on 21 June 2007 to protect ‘Aboriginal children from child abuse’ and to ‘stabilise and protect communities in the crisis area’. The NTER was its response to the report Little Children are Sacred from the Northern Territory Board of Inquiry into the Protection of […]
- Indigenous Health Equality Council establishedJuly 11, 2008 Posted in: Current topics | Health | Policies | Vol 8 No 3, July 2008 - September 2008 |
The Commonwealth Health Minister, Nicola Roxon announced the composition of the Indigenous Health Equality Council in Adelaide on 10 July 2008.The Council will be chaired by Professor Ian Anderson, who has worked in Aboriginal health for more than twenty years. Professor Anderson is currently the Director of Onemda VicHealth Koori Health Unit and the Centre […]
- Apology at the Aboriginal male health summit 2008July 24, 2008 Posted in: Current topics | Family violence | Men | Vol 8 No 3, July 2008 - September 2008 |
The Aboriginal male health summit, Taking care of our children, taking the next steps, was held 30 June to 3 July 2008, at Ross River, Northern Territory in central Australia.
- Close the gap – the national Indigenous health equality targetsAugust 1, 2008 Posted in: Current topics | Health | Policies | Vol 8 No 3, July 2008 - September 2008 |
The national Indigenous health equality targets were presented to the Federal government and the Opposition by the Close the Gap Coalition in July 2008.
- Inaugural Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet Advisory Board meetingSeptember 22, 2008 Posted in: Current topics | Policies | Vol 8 No 3, July 2008 - September 2008 |
The Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet‘s Advisory Board convened for the first time on 18 September 2008. The purpose of the Advisory Board is to provide expert strategic advice to the Director and Executive Group of the HealthInfoNet to assist in optomising the HealthInfoNet‘s contributions to “closing the gap” between the health of Indigenous and other Australians.The […]