From xx to December 2020 the HealthBulletin was an online peer reviewed Journal. In December 2020 the HealthInfoNet moved this to the…… [insert info here]
Vol 9 No 3, July 2009 - September 2009
- COAG holds meeting with Indigenous focusJuly 2, 2009 Posted in: Current topics | Health | Policies | Vol 9 No 3, July 2009 - September 2009 |
The main purpose of the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) meeting on 2 July 2009 in Darwin, was to discuss further measures to overcome Indigenous disadvantage.
- New Centre for Clinical Research Excellence, Aboriginal health: sexually transmissible and blood-borne viral infectionsJuly 20, 2009 Posted in: Current topics | Hepatitis C | Research | Sexual health | Vol 9 No 3, July 2009 - September 2009 |
The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) has awarded $2.5 million to Professor John Kaldor of the National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research (NCHECR) to develop a Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Aboriginal health with a focus on sexually transmissible and blood-borne viral infections.
- Indigenous representative body proposedAugust 28, 2009 Posted in: Cultural ways | Current topics | Policies | Vol 9 No 3, July 2009 - September 2009 |
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner, Tom Calma, has provided a report outlining a proposed new structure for a body to replace ATSIC, which was disbanded in 2005.
- Native Title housing amendment discussion paperSeptember 18, 2009 Posted in: Current topics | Housing | Policies | Vol 9 No 3, July 2009 - September 2009 |
The Australian Government released a discussion paper on 13 August 2009 about possible amendments to the Native Title Act 1993 to accelerate the process for the construction of public housing and infrastructure in remote Indigenous communities.
- Review of the misuse of kava among Indigenous people (peer reviewed)July 2, 2009 Posted in:
Urquhart, B and Thomson, N Review of the misuse of kava among Indigenous people. Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin 9(3). Retrieved [access date] from http://healthbulletin.org.au/articles/Review-of-the-misuse-of-kava-among-Indigenous-people