From xx to December 2020 the HealthBulletin was an online peer reviewed Journal. In December 2020 the HealthInfoNet moved this to the…… [insert info here]
Vol 10 No 4, October - December 2010
- Aboriginal mental health program wins achievement award for rural servicesOctober 1, 2010 Posted in: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers | Current topics | Social and emotional wellbeing | Vol 10 No 4, October - December 2010 |
The Aboriginal mental health workforce program has been awarded the gold achievement award for rural services at the Australia and New Zealand Mental Health Services conference.
- Indigenous Australians run the 42km New York City MarathonNovember 8, 2010 Posted in: Cardiovascular health | Current topics | Physical activity | Vol 10 No 4, October - December 2010 |
Juan Darwin, Joseph Davies, Charlie Maher and Caleb Hart have run a 42km marathon in New York City.
- Recognising Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the ConstitutionNovember 15, 2010 Posted in: Current topics | Policies | Vol 10 No 4, October - December 2010 |
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has announced that the Federal Government will set up an independent panel of experts to advise on the best way to recognise Indigenous Australians in the constitution. The expert panel will include Indigenous and other community leaders, constitutional experts, and parliamentary members. It will lead a national discussion and broad consultation […]
- New dental training clinics to be set up in southern Queensland in 2011December 13, 2010 Posted in: Current topics | Oral health | Queensland | Services | Vol 10 No 4, October - December 2010 |
The University of Queensland together with the Goondir Indigenous Health Service will create new dental training clinics in Dalby and St George in south Queensland next year.
- Minister for Indigenous Health, Mr Warren Snowdon launches a national workforce to address Indigenous smoking and to improve healthDecember 13, 2010 Posted in: Cancer | Cardiovascular health | Current topics | Diabetes | Kidney health | Nutrition | Physical activity | Respiratory health | Substance use | Vol 10 No 4, October - December 2010 | Workforce |
The Minister for Indigenous Health, Mr Warren Snowdon has launched a new national workforce in Canberra (8 December 2010).
- Brisbane conference focuses on reducing Indigenous cancer ratesDecember 13, 2010 Posted in: Cancer | Current topics | Vol 10 No 4, October - December 2010 |
A conference was held in Brisbane 3 December 2010 to address the rates of cancer among Indigenous Australians.
- Incomplete hepatitis B Screening prevents an adequate public health response in Aboriginal communitiesDecember 1, 2010 Posted in:
Carroll E, Davis JS (2010) Incomplete hepatitis B Screening prevents an adequate public health response in Aboriginal communities. Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin 10 (4). Retrieved [access date] from http://healthbulletin.org.au/articles/incomplete-hepatitis-b-screening-prevents-an-adequate-public-health-response-in-aboriginal-communities
- Review of Indigenous male health (peer reviewed)December 20, 2010 Posted in:
Thomson N1, Midford R1, Debuyst O1, MacRae A1 Review of Indigenous male health. Australian Indigenous HealthBulletin 10(4). Retrieved [access date] from http://healthbulletin.org.au/articles/Review-of-indigenous-male-health 1Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet